Tuesday, January 4, 2011

here it is!

Well, welcome 2011! It's finally here.
I trust that you all had a wonderful Christmas and celebrated in style this New Year. I know I did.

From the comforts of home and family bonding, to popping bottles of French champagne and attending festivals over New Year's amongst old and new friends - these last celebrations will be hard to trump!

Last night I flew back into Brisbane's balmy weather after a higglety pigglety string of weather experienced in Melbourne.
The nights are balmy, the mornings temperate and the days hot - summer has arrived in South East Queensland, despite all the rain!

So what's on the agenda for the New Year of 2011? Many, many things. The efforts to accomplish them all will be tried, and this I am looking forward to.
It's my first day back at work, travelling the world through my 20inch screen in my little cartography world - but the fun doesn't stop there... this evening it's DM at The Lido, followed by freelance and bar work throughout the year. This Miss has some serious saving and 'getting ahead' to do!
The 4th of January, wow. It has begun!
Can you see the smile on my face?

It is the time to put resolutions into place and challenge oneself to accomplish such tasks. As for myself, I'm not sure I have resolutions... I have goals and the desire to be a better person. Both of which I'll try with utmost effort and passion to achieve.

My Dad said that 'this is my year', and that he can feel it. The faith and encouragement of others can really give you that positive boost - so thanks Dad for your vote of confidence!

By the way, it was dear Daddy's birthday yesterday. Turning the ripe and wonderful age of 57, I hope this year brings you as much joy, satisfaction and happiness that I know you wish for me.
How I love family!

So whilst I get back to work, I wanted to leave you with this note 'from The Universe' I recieved via email yesterday. It's little notes like these that can pick you up and give you that feel good feeling, and above all - the feeling that everything is alright. I think that is important.
You can sign up for your weekday subscription here. Enjoy.

Every day, "the score" is even. Every second, in fact.
Everyone lives each day for him or herself, no matter what they did.
No one owes anything to anyone, no matter what happened.
And from this, what I hope you most get, is that whatever you do next, you do it for the joy it brings you.

Joyfully,
The Universe


Happy New Year all, here's to the best one yet!

{image via weheartit.com}

I think I'll also make more cupcakes this year...


Peace, love and happiness,
X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...